Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Debateable Chapter 3

Knowledge vs. Understanding, round 1... apparently the chicken and the egg example is fitting for our class. I am placing my bets on knowledge, and will be up to debating that in class tomorrow.

I choose to support this notion because I don't think you need to understand something to obtain knowledge, though I believe you need to know something to understand it. Having said that I'm not sure knowing is worth much without understanding, but I think you can have knowledge about something whenever you happen to come across it, whether or not that is productive or beneficial. What you do with that knowledge is the important thing and that involves the idea of understanding, which can also determine the worth of the knowledge or even if it is actually "knowledge."

No comments:

Post a Comment