Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hopes & Expectations

So, we are about to begin a semester together in Paths to Knowledge. This is my first time teaching this class, though I've taught a Theories of Knowledge or Epistemology course at least twice. I'm looking forward to this course and discussing the books and your projects. I'm curious, though, as we embark on this semester what your expectations and hopes are for this semester. What have you heard about me or other Paths classes and what have these things led you to expect? What do you hope you will get out of this class? This is a required course for Honors, what are your thoughts on that? How do you see this course fitting in with the rest of your Honors curriculum? These are questions we'll discuss on the first day of class, but if you want to toss out some ideas here, please feel free.

The way we will keep track of who is writing what is to have everyone "label" their posts with their name (in the bottom right corner of the posting window when your posting). So, if you could get in the practice of "labelling" your posts with at least your name, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I was actually in a Paths to Knowledge class last spring--for about a day. I showed up to the first class period, was served about 200 pages of handouts of scholarly journal writings and realized that I totally underestimated how rigorous the class was going to be. So I figured I'd take it later.

    Anyway, after reading this class's syllabus and the beginning of "True to Life," this course looks more accessible than the one I was in last spring. I had no idea what was going on when i read that previous syllabus a year ago, and this time I did.

    ReplyDelete